Saturday, July 19, 2008

Keychains. Keychains. KEYCHAINS!

So here's what's going on.

Due mainly to issues with the school, I have decided to leave Tohoku High School, and, in effect, JFIE and the exchange program.

Because this is the busy season, tickets don't really become available until early August, which is good. Because it's the school and program I'm leaving, not the people. So this gives me a chance to solidify some of the relationships I've made here.

Like my relationship with Emika, who wants to go to karaoke and have a sleepover.
My relationships with Daizy, Josh, and Pi-chan (who I group together because we kinda just, go together, you know?).
My realationships with Miri (my host sister), Miki, Rina, Yu-chan, and Tomo. Who are amazing, and such great people in general. We did purikura today. Lots. It brought me joy.
My realtionship with my host family, which I think is really good. They have been a wonderful host family to me, and I'm definitely glad that I've met them.

If I haven't talked to you about issues in the program/why I'm leaving, I might tell you, I might not. Don't force it, don't ask me about it if I don't bring it up. Because if you do, I will be more reluctant to tell you than I may already be, and shy away from you that much more. Just a heads up.

So today we went to Sendai Eki and said goodbye to Saki, Yuka, and Ai who are now on their way to America for 10 months (Washington - the state - and California). I gave them my e-mail and promised them that I would try to visit because I'm going to college in California. w007.
Then, Miri, Miki, Rina, Yu-chan, Tomo, and I did purikura. It was fun and adorable because when Miki and I did pukikura together, she wrote on one of them that she'll miss me when she goes to Canada (on the 31st), and to not forget her. (^-^)
Then I spent a few hours trying to find the karaoke place that everyone else was at, only to kick myself when I realized that it was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME THE WHOLE TIME. XD I am awesome. I'm taking after my mother.

Everyone left, and I searched for keychains that I could buy for my friends. Pretty much, my friends are all getting either a keychain, candy, or manga. Unless there's a special request (Krystal, you WILL get your Hello Kitty candy tin and your Emma manga - Heather, I'm looking for DBSKness, but be patient. People are more into Monkey Majik and Exile here than DBSK). I need to get something dish-wise for the rents, and probably something for the family (grandma, aunts and uncles on each side, brother, cousins...UGH!), or else I will be in very bad position.
I spent about $40 or so on keychains, cause I rock.

Um, what else? Oh! Jason Sensei took the exchange students and Tohei Sensei out for sushi on Thursday! It was AWESOME! Because my host sister doesn't like sushi or sashimi, or really fish in general. So I haven't had much of a chance to get it. *sobs* But I seriously love raw fish. And I will admit it freely.

Um, last day of school before summer break was Friday. Wow. There were so many tears because Josh and David are changing schools (Josh and David are in a different program, btw), I'm leaving, and the exchange students in ni nensei are leaving this and next month. So lots of crying.

I'M ON VACATION!!!! Which means...NO SCHOOL!!!! A chance to de-stress. Which is something that I DEFINITELY need before I go back.

And for the record, I will NOT let this blog rot. I have a feeling that I'm going to be travelling quite a bit in my lifetime (as my goal is to teach English lit in International and American schools around the world), so I will continue to update with my newest adventures in case people want to read about what's going on. And when I get a laptop, daily updates.

Countries I plan on living in at some point:
Japan (done, but I'm coming back)
South Korea
Costa Rica
France
Spain
India
Africa (ok, it's a continent, but I'm not sure what country(ies) I want to live in yet)
Jordan
Israel

Those are the main ones that I want to go to, but I will go to others. *smiles*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for a good ending!...?

Anonymous said...

if you can't find DBSKness(東方神起), then Alice Nine would be nice ^^' I <3 Alice Nine (アリス九號) lot more than I used to, which is a good thing ... right?!

Okay now go de-stressafy, and do good songs (DBSK, Alice Nine) for me ^^'

I love you, and I can't wait to see you soon!!!!! *huggles*

Anonymous said...

HELLO

I'm glad you're coming home and I'm VERY glad school is over for you. I hope you have a much better time with friends and your host family than you did during school!

Love!

Allecakes said...

i want candy :D or a cd.

i'm kind of collecting tem from all my friends that go abroad. i have a kyo cd from france, and a random mix cd from mexico