Sunday, March 23, 2008

4 Days!!!!

So I meant to post this last week, but completely forgot.

I've been kind of concerned about this program, partially (mainly) because I need to get a C in all of my classes to stay in the program. Well, that wouldn't be a problem if math wasn't a required course. I had straight As pretty much from Junior year on in High School, excepting math. I could study for 2 1/2-3 hours every other night for my math class and still scrape by with a low-mid C. That's when math was taught in English. *laughs*
I expressed my concerns to my exchange program, and received this e-mail which really took a load off my back. *smiles*

"I inquired with the Japanese office regarding math classes and they suggested that you talk to your coordinator about this upon your arrival. You may be able to opt out of math class if you take something else. Some of our past students have chosen to take lighter course loads than normal so that they can focus on learning the language and doing well in the classes that they do take. Your coordinator will be able to provide you with more detailed information on this. For the time being I would suggest maybe making a list of questions that you have for your coordinator so that when you arrive you can make sure they get answered."

In other news, I saw my best friend tonight for what may be the last time in 10 months. It was very emotional, and while I may see him again on Tuesday, it's not a guarantee. *sighs* Don't get me wrong, I'm really really excited for my trip. I'm just going to miss him a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you'll catch some nice luck with your classes.

*huggles*