Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm a Musical Fangirl. Yes I am.

You guys deserve an update.

I got up this morning wanting to rant about this, but it has nothing to do with Japan. Please bear with my musical theater fangirling. Thank you.
You know how I need to listen to music or have the TV on constantly? Yeah, because I can't stand it being silent, it drives me INSANE! Anyway, looking for Avenue Q stuff to listen to last week on youtube, I came across Avenue Jew (which has unfortunately been taken down), a crossover between Avenue Q and Fiddler on the Roof. XD I figured since a lot of Jews are reading this blog, you guys would appreciate this.
Some of the best (appropriate) quotes include.

Tevye: "Yes, this is my family. This is mine. This is mine. This is mine. This is...not mine. Who the hell is this kid?"

Brian: "Shalom, you must be new to the neighborhood. I'm Brian, and this is my wife Channukah Eve."
Channukah Eve (Japanese immigrant): "Shalom! I convert for green card."

Brian: "Channukah Eve, do you love me?"
Channukah Eve: "No." *walks away*

Jewish American Princeton: "What do you do with a BA in Yiddish?
Who the hell majors in that?"

I can't remember who said this, but it's magical. And directed to Ben Brantely (Times critic).
"We all eat bagels."
"We all have overbearing mothers."
"And thanks to critics like you, we all feel persecuted."
"So everyone's a little bit Jewish."

XD

And now, back to Japan. Yesterday I went to Sendai City with Leaha, an exchange student from AIIU/JFIE. She lives in Sendai, but is going back to Australia on the 28th (wow! next week!), so we decided to have a shopping fun day in Sendai. I must stop being a music junkie. I must stop being a music junkie. Since I came to Japan, I have bought 4 CDs. None of them in Japanese. wtf? However, I am still DETERMINED to find Art-School CDs and buy ALL of them! Even the ones I have downloaded.....^-^

Leaha says that I am a really good singer and was joking around (kinda, I think?) about me putting out a CD. lol.
Last time I went to karaoke at the sketchy place, I discovered that they have Seasons of Love (Rent), Fame (Fame), America (West Side Story), and You Better Shape Up (Grease) at karaoke. They don't have One (A Chorus Line), which makes me sad, but they have all those others!!! *does happy dance*

Yesterday, Leaha and I were talking about purikura, and the prices. How if you have more people, it's cheaper but you get less pictures. So we decided that people who do purikura by themselves must be the loneliest people ever, with no friends. Which lead me and Leaha to decide to do purikura by ourselves and then trade them. It is magical. So I need to finish my purikura book today. Because I LOVE IT. XD Oh purikura.

And Disney Princesses on Ice IS COMING TO SENDAI!!!!!! I WANT TO GOOOOO!!!! But it's like $60 or something for me. *sobs*

This past week was exam week. I had to take all of them, ugh. I didn't understand them. There were a few classes that made special exams for me. But I don't know. Apparently, I have to get a certain average to stay in the program? I'm not sure about the details, but it would be really bad to get sent back because I didn't understand the exams. But I don't think JFIE would do that, they're a really good program and wouldn't do that to me now. *smiles*

School is not good in general. There's a lot of problems between the exchange students and the teachers, and no art club or class or classroom. I really miss the smell of an art classroom. You guys who love art know what I mean. But Krystal, being awesome, suggested that I ask Rina (the artsy-type student in my class) where I can buy art supplies, because I REALLY want to work on my crafting again. I miss it! ^-^ Thank you Ms. Manzi for getting me OBSESSED with fimo clay!!!!

And to end this entry...CONGRATULATIONS MS. HARVEY ON YOUR PREGNANCY!!! YAYYY!!!!

No comments: