Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kettle Corn is Magical

I know what you`re saying. You`re saying, "I know that manga is pretty much life, liberty, and happiness for you, Erica, but did you REALLY have to buy the first 2 Mars, the 1st Peach Girl, and the first volume in a series of manga that you don`t know but appears to be about vampire childrens?" The answer is, of course, yes. Especially when they were only 105 yen each. You`re also saying, "Erica. You said that you would not buy any CDs unless you found Art-School CDs (which are REALLY hard to find, btw - Book Off does not have them *is sad*), so why did you buy the only Blue album that you didn`t have until a few hours ago? Especially considering that most of the songs are on the Best of Blue album you downloaded before you came to Japan." Because I`m a sucker for anything Blue related, and the manga were ONLY 105 YEN EACH!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I know I went to Sendai today to spend a relaxing day of window shopping with only the intention of buying one of the leftover Keith Haring shirts at Uniglo from last season (there are only a few styles left - the one I REALLY wanted was a small, I`m an extra large in Japan - I tried it on for kicks though. I gave it back to the lady saying "gomenasai! America-jin! XL size!" and she just laughed), but ended up buying the shirt, 4 manga, the Blue CD, kettle corn from the food import store (the one that we always get from Whole Foods with the red bag!!!!!! XD), other food items that were eaten throughout the day, etc.

So here`s my shortened version of British Hills. Pretty much, I`m going back in August for a camp there with the same people (minus Leaha, who is going back to Australia on June 29th) for a longer time. It should be freaking awesome. This was kind of a before the really long vacation one, I think? Anyway, there were 7 exchange students from JFIE (all girls) and an all girls Japanese middle school. We were there to encourage the girls to speak English, and to just have a good time during the weekend.
British Hills is a hotel type place where large groups of people can go. It`s themed like England, and there`s lots of people from England who work there. We got to hear the posh accents and the thick accents (I like the thick ones myself). Pretty much, when we weren`t doing activities with the girls (which mainly involved them practicing their English on us, although we DID teach them Duck Duck Goose and Stuck in the Mud - my knees are all bruised from diving on the floor to free people in Stuck in the Mud!!! oh Lyseth...I wish we had time to play Octopus. I wish I was at Project Grad when everyone played Octopus), I was chilling with Leaha and Ellen, both from Australia. Ironically (and awesomely) Ellen was my roommate during orientation, she was my roommate again! (^_^) We bought SO many familiar snacks from Ye Shoppe (including blow pops, toffee, the chocolate that looks like an orange, and Cadbury chocolate) and Leaha ended up bunking on the ground in between Ellen`s and my beds. I don`t know how long we stayed up till, but it was AWESOME.

Just some side notes.
I never truly appreciated the no smoking in restaraunts law that we have in Maine until today. I was in McDonalds eating my ice cream. I was sitting by the wall, the smoking section was on the OTHER side of the upstairs seating area, and I COULD STILL SMELL THE SMOKE. There was actually a cloud that you could see in the smoking section. No joke. So the next time you guys are in a restaraunt in Maine, just remember how AWESOME it is that we don`t allow smoking in them. Seriously.

Today on the bus ride home, Ami chan and her mom came on!!!! In case you don`t know, Ami chan is Miri`s little 2 year old cousin who lives next door. SHE IS THE CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD!!!! I LOVE HER!!!!! She actually ended up staying with us through dinner and is still here. omg, she`s CUTE!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aha! Another amerikajin in sendai! I just arrived on sunday. Solidarity.

Anonymous said...

heeheehee totally not going to ask if you REALLY had to buy that stuff

of course you did! i mean come on, good prices, great stuff... take advantage! what's not to love?

woow, it's been a while since I've played those Lyseth gym games. anywhyo I'll never forget spending sooo much time gently freeing that nail from the tree ;)
how long did it take? months? years? mmm

i love you *muah*

Sparkysparky said...

Anyone want to see how magic is made? I got a video of me popping kettle corn from my tent.

Velma's "Wicked Delicious" Kettle Corn popcorn