Sunday, June 29, 2008

I Wish I Could Understand The Art-School Interview on Youtube...*sobs*

Really quickly because it's 11, and I need sleep.

I bought a $30 CD today. But it's A Chorus Line IN JAPANESE!!!! And I've gotten such a good deal on other CDs I bought at Book Off that I deserved to splurge on a CD. So that makes it 5 CDs I've bought here. 3 in English. 1 in Japanese. 1 O-Zone (what language do they speak?) CD. I still can't find Art-School CDs, this has just gotten depressing. I mean, I know they're not popular, but HOW MANY CD STORES DO I HAVE TO LOOK IN BEFORE I FIND THEM???? *sobs* I needz meh Art-School. They're my favorite Japanese band and totally magical. youtube "Art-School sub" and you'll find a bunch. My favorite song is "Missing".
I must stop being a music junkie. I must stop being a music junkie. Why does this phrase look familiar? ^-^

We went to the video store today, and I found the first few episodes of that Mary-Kate and Ashley show in 2001 called "So Little Time" (the one where they live with their mom, they're parents are divorced, and they have the Spanish nanny, Manuelo), in JAPANESE!!! Can't WAIT to watch it!!!! I am completely ashamed of myself for this, but it's ok. Because I'm gonna watch "So Little Time" IN JAPANESE!!!!! XD

Saw Mao's ballet recital, and I have to say it was magical. Mao wore a hot pink and gold costume. I question his sexual orientation. ^-^
Rina, Mai, Ai, Emika, Joanna, Tashibu, Kazu, what's-his-face-whose-name-I-never-remember-but-it's-ok-cause-I-don't-really-hang-out-with-him-anyway-and-now-he-has-a-really-long-English-name, and a few teachers went.
Afterwards, Rina, Mai, Ai, Mao, and I hung out for a bit, and then people went home. Mai and I ended up eating Ramen and doing purikura. *smiles*

Wish I didn't have to go to school tomorrow. *sighs*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm glad to hear everything is going well with you! :D Sorry for my lack of comments, I've been so all over the place that I haven't been able to keep up with everything lately.

>> I see you have been fond of music and musicals lately. May I make a suggestion for an awesome amazing musical?

Elisabeth! It's a historical musical and it's about Elisabeth of Bavaria. It's told in a story tale type format and it's basically about how at a young age she has a near death experience and meets the embodiment of death himself. He falls in love with her but allows her to live. The whole play follows how he tries claim her for his own and her struggle for her freedom from everyone. My description is really lame, but it's actually awesome! There are many different productions of it. The original (and my favorite) is the German version but there is also a Japanese version which I think you'd really like!

There are a few different acting troops that preform (or preformed, I don't know the schedules) it and they're all female troops! It's quite cool. If you want to check out some videos from it, here are some links.

Saigo no Dansu-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfUUvSRRu-A
Death interrupts Elisabeth's wedding. His message is clear, even though he's lost her hand now, he will have the last dance and win her in the end.

Yami Ga Hirogaru-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmq7Fw6TZvE
Death visits and seduces Elisabeth's son Rudolf. He convinces Rudolf to rebel against the emperor, his father.

Watashi Ga Odoru Toki-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6payJnbbFuo
Death taunts Elisabeth and tells her that she will be free only through him.

Watashi Dake Ni-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2PQoUsKfos
Elisabeth proclaims that she will not be ruled by anyone but herself.

And just for kicks and giggles, here is a vid of Yami Ga Hirogaru in German (Die Schatten Werden Langer ((probably my favorite song)).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihwHC8xCTnc
Not my favorite performance, but beautiful quality. XD

Anyways, tl;dr watch Elisabeth things and tell me what you think! :D