Saturday, April 12, 2008

KARAOKE!!!!

KARAOKE!!!!

First off, apparently I`m good at singing Joss Stone, which is something I`ve been concerned about for a while, mainly because of the awesome soul voice she has and the fact that I know I can never compare to her. But I do have a good range, so that really helped. So, yes, I am good at singing Joss Stone and Skye Sweetnam. *smiles*

THEY HAVE BUDDY HOLLY!!!!! I died with joy when I looked him up thinking I wouldn`t find anything. I sang That`ll Be the Day, and my life was so happy. ^-^
They also have mad amounts of random music, like Billy Idol, Paul Anka (I took a picture of the Paul Anka bit in the book where you can see music because it reminded me of Gilmore Girls ^-^ I isn`t in love with that show. nope. *looks around room*), and LOTS of Elvis Presley. While amusing, I was dissapointed with some parts.

Karaoke Music Dissapointments:
1. no The Donnas - not surprising, but dissapointing nonetheless. However, when I was in Tokyo at the CD store with Miho during summer `06, I did see The Donnas in the American music area, so there`s hope!
2. no P!nk - I`m sorry, but WHAT? P!nk = AWESOME. Seriously, those who deny it are crazy, because not only does P!nk do fun songs like "Get This Party Started" (which is fun without the whole snob bitch part that Avril Lavigne did for "Girlfriend" - which they had - "Girlfriend" made me lose all respect for Avril), but P!nk also does songs that are important like "Dear Mr. President" and "Stupid Girls" and songs that are relatable to lots of different people like "Just Like a Pill", "Family Portrait", and "Hazard to Myself". *shrugs* oh well, I will bring P!nk to Japan, and life will be joyus.
3. they HAD High School Musical, Hannah Montana, and Corbin Bleu. I am concerned for the American music in Japan.

But whatevs. They still had lots of awesome other music there including
Bowling for Soup (no "Almost", but they had "1985" and "Girl All the Bad Guys Want")
Buddy Holly (mentioned with happiness above)
Blue (for those who don`t know, they are a British boy band who can sing from England who never released in America. they are my guilty pleasure - despite being broken up now - and I love them a lot)
Spice Girls (you know I had to mention them ^-^)
Skye Sweetnam
Evanescence
Green Day
Good Charlotte
Colbie Callait
BoA (*insert duh here*)
DBSK (*insert duh here*)
Koda Kumi (*insert duh here*)
Utada Hikaru (*insert duh here*)
Monkey Majik (*insert duh here* - also, I really should have found a way to the concert last night, I heard it was amazing, but probs mad expensive to get there and then the tickets, etc)
Joss Stone (only 3 songs or so, but great songs!)
Kelly Clarkson
Rihanna
Aretha Franklin

I can`t remember what else they had, but all in all, it was wonderful.

And we paid for unlimited drinks, so I had massive amounts of melon soda. I also had Takoyaki and fries. Most. Awesome. Meal. Ever. XD MAD love for the Takyaki, fries, melon soda combo!

The karaoke day ended with Haruka and Joanna singing BoA`s Japanese version of Every Heart (which most will agree is better than the Korean version), and Haruka and I got to sing Brand New Beat. *smiles* I is a happy girl.

And now that my music rant is over (although I could do more, and you know it! - thanks dad for giving me my love of music), oyasuminasai!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wasn't takayaki(or whatever) like...that place anthony went to with the giant octopus eating little octopuses(lawl)...the little balls you make yourself with the POINTY POINTY sticks of joy?

and dear lord high school musical *vomit* ._____. and any other disney star...although i LOVE ashley tisdale's cover of "kiss the girl" from little mermaid...and a lot of the disney mania stuff ;_;

Anonymous said...

Everything I just read was chased from my mind when I saw 'melon soda.'

Unknown said...

EVERYONE around here listens to Highschool Musical. And Good Charlotte.
IT BREAKS ME IT BREAKS ME SO BAD.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous >_< *wants to go to a Norae Bang*
They had good music ...well mostly ... did anyone sing any TOHO?????? If not then there's something wrong with that picture. BUT you got to sing BoA XD and yes I have to agree that the Japanese version of Every Heart is much better than the Korean version ... it flows easier ^^;

I had to sit through High School Musical on stage last night. Truthfully I didn't hate it, but at the same time I didn't enjoy it *sighs* Afterwards was adorable ... the girl who played Darbus(sp?) came out and all the little girls were swarming her and she was humoring them and giving them autographs and the kid who played Troy did the same ... it was so cu~te!!!! XD