Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pie. Yes, I still love to say it.

I know it`s been much anticipated for those who are reading the script of my life while in Japan, so here it is.

Cast for Erica`s Nihon World:

はるか - my host sister, Haruka is going into 2nd grade at とほくこうこう (Tohoku High School), and enjoys her club activity, which is cheerleading. Haruka has been ill the past few days, and is currently on drugs prescribed by her doctor and sleeping much of the time. However, she is very funny and loves the idea of having a host sister (me), who she lovingly calls おねえさん (oneesan, meaning host sister in Japanese)

おじいさん - my host grandfather, Ojiisan spends much of his time in the vegetable garden in the front and back of the house. Ojiisan knows some English and is working hard to improve his English speaking skillz. He is very friendly and loves to speak to me in Japanese and English.

おばあさん - my host grandmother, Obaasan is an excellent cook. She loves the bag I gave her from LLBean, as do her friends. While Obaasan does not speak English at all, I can tell that she is a kind person who wants to help me in my Japanese any way that she can.

Unfortunately, I don`t have the rest of the cast list yet. A general rule in theater is that you need to be patient while waiting for the cast list, as it is in the hands of the director who ends up where in the cast. Unfortunately, I am not the director of this play yet. The director is currently a combination of my host school (とほくこうこう Tohoku High School) and JFIE (the Japan Foundation for Intercultural Excahnge). Sadly, Hillary isn`t directing this play either. She did a wonderful job with Small World. Congratulations again to PHS One Acts for making it to States! You guys rock! XD
The rest of the cast (my homeroom teacher, classmates, etc.) will be posted shortly, hopefully early next week, as school starts on the 8th.

Just very quickly, I wanted to point out that while Ojiisan told me how to use the heater in my room, I have found a better way to warm my living space. I have these 2 massive windows that pretty much take up one wall space. I decided today to see how the greenhouse idea would work in my room, and I`m pleased to say that there`s no better way to get a room warm than by leaving the curtains open so the sun can pour in. *smiles*

The other day I woke up to snow! While it didn`t stick and only lasted for a few moments, I was still very happy. However, I am slowly getting used to the idea of spring in April (have fun in mud season to all you in Maine!!!!). The sakura trees should start to bloom sometime next week or the week after. The ones in Tokyo are already in full bloom, but since I live in the north, I have to wait a bit. I don`t mind though, it`ll be nice to see the stages of the sakura blooming.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I have found a better way to warm my living space."

...

*refrains from horrible joke, with difficulty*

I am so glad you're having a good time! I'm also very, very envious. :P I LOVE YOU!

<3
Shanti

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're having a good time!!!!!

It snowed here on Monday -_- to say the least we weren't very happy about it, although it didn't stick to the ground either, but its still the fact that it snowed!

but I digress ...

well the greenhouse approach is always the cheapest way to warm any place up ^^

okay I have to go to english HW now *-_-u*

keep having fun!!! And that's an order missy!!!! *points finger* I Love You!!!! *huggles*

- 민수 (^_^)V

yearoftheneko said...

Shanti. I love you. A lot. XD
And I STILL WANT MY BINDIS!!!! ^-^

Awww, Hesa-chan! *huggles* Give the family massive amounts of hugs for me! I still plan on adopting Frankie, btw. I`m sad that the snow didn`t stick. If it keeps snowing there, it will mean that mud season is post-poned. So, snow or mud-season, you decide. ^-^
And the Pendletons with their homework. *laughs*
Do you have any other JCL meets? Luck in all of them! And give Christina, Trisha, Kayla, and Jamie hugs for me! *love*

Oh! I forgot to give you $$ to buy me a Senior t-shirt! Tell you what, I`ll buy you something DBSK related and something Shinhwa (sp?) related if you buy me a Senior shirt!

Suna said...

You make it so hard not to be jealous of you !!!! >_< Your host family sounds adorable! But seriously, I'm glad you're finally there and finally having a good time. Things will only get better too, ne?? XD