Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"This man is gay AND European!"

I just finished lunch. My first day of school was rather overwhelming. I didn`t understand what was going on at the ceremony or anything. Since it`s the beginning of the school year in Japan, there was a lot of, well, beginning of the year stuff. It felt like September, lol.
After school, Haruka and I were hanging out with Joanna (exchange student from Australia, we`re going to karaoke, Haruka, Joanna, and I, this weekend), and she told me something that I`m still giddy about.

We get to choose our classes. ALL our classes. Within certain boundries, of course, I can`t take classes in the other programs, I need to stay in the International program curriculum. But I can take any class I want in the International curriculum in any grade I want. Meaning, I DON`T HAVE TO TAKE GYM OR MATH!!!!!!!!!!

Let me just type that again, it feels so good to type. NO GYM OR MATH!! NO FREAKING GYM OR MATH!!!!

Now I can handle no art class. They don`t have art class at Tohoku High School (a very sports oriented school. I`m still confused as to why they put me here as well, ^-^). I can deal with no art class, I can do art at home. As long as I don`t have to take gym or math my life is filled with the chorus of a thousand angels. I`ll be picking my classes tomorrow (a half day as well, Thursday is the first full day of school), so I`ll let you all know how that goes.

And check out my photobucket for more pictures.

Also, mom and dad, I got my American Express card today. I just need to wait until the office in Maine is open to activate it. Joy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Open curriculum is my dream. Congrats! I know you were very worried about keeping a good GPA with math in Japanese, and I'm glad you don't have to worry about that anymore. (Well, you have to worry about your GPA, but not in math. XD)

I hope you're not worrying about having trouble with understanding stuff. You'll pick it up real quick. :)

momanddad said...

you didn't say what courses you're taking, besides chorus- we called UOP and are waiting for them to get back to us about deferment etc.- will keep you up to date- have fun :)