Monday, April 28, 2008

Sendai City

So, yeah. I haven`t posted for a while. Things have been rather crazy in both my lives. My life in America and my life in Japan (as my closest friends well know). But here`s an update on what I did this weekend.

On Saturday, Daisy and I FINALLY had our day in Sendai City. She invited David to come along, which was also really fun. So in addition to getting my package from my parents (JUNO AND ECLIPSE!!!!!!!!!!!! XD - Juno can`t work here because my host family doesn`t have a DVD player that`s compatable with American DVDs, but that`s ok, I think I may be able to watch it at Daisy`s), I took the bus to Sendai City...BY MYSELF! XD
It was awesome because I knew that Sendai Station was the last stop, so I was totally fine. I found my way fairly easily. And then while I was waiting for Daisy and David to show up, I found a bookstore where there was a happy joyus amount of manga. Unfortunately, it was all bundled up into plastic wrapping, so I couldn`t look at the pretty Haruhi pictures. *insert sad face here*

Am still looking for the last 2 Fruits Baskets, however. I think I have yet to find them because I have yet to go to a Book Off, which Daisy promised to take me to the next time I am in Sendai. *smiles*

I WILL FINISH FURUBA BEFORE YOU SUNA YAH AND MINSU YAH!!!!! I WILL WIN!!!!! XD

So, yeah. Once Daisy and David showed up, we went to Karaoke at a really cool secluded place. I think it is my new favorite place to go. And it was only like $3 for 2 hours (plus food, but I don`t count it since i totally could have bought a cheaper meal at Family Mart and brought it with me). If you only have 3 people, 2 hours is fine for karaoke.

Then we went around shopping for a bit. I freaked with joy at every gaijin we saw. Of course. ^-^ And I bought a really cute yellow short sleeved sweatshirt. Short sleeved. Yeah, kinda defeats the purpose, but whatever. It`s cute and I like it. And I am wearing it now.
We also did PURIKURA! I LOVE PURIKURA! IT IS WONDERFUL! IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY! XD When I come back to America, I will have a very amazing Purikura book to show you all. *smiles*

Yesterday and today I just chilled around the house and town. I really should get more pictures of where I live since tomorrow is my last day in my host family`s home. Wednesday after school I am moving to my new host family`s home. Which I think is Miri`s family. I`m really excited about it, because even though she speaks almost no English, and I speak almost no Japanese (although Mao and Haruka insist that it`s getting better :) ), she adores me.

Anyway, I should go and start putting things in my bag. I have too many books. I love books.

No comments: